7th Annual Jacksonville
Bubbe’s Bake Off
Bake what your grandma Taught Ya!
Sunday, May 6, 2018
It’s time to whip out your family’s and/or friend’s favorite recipe(s) for cookies and cakes and enter Bubbe’s 2018 Bake Off! Judging will be completed immediately prior to the beginning of the Jacksonville Jewish Food Festival. Prizes will be awarded for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in each category. Winners will be announced at the festival.
Rules for Bakers
1. All ages are welcome to participate. There is a Kids (13 and under) Division.
2. The entry fee per item is $10.00. You can enter more than one item.
3. We encourage both baking from scratch and items made with mixes. (A mix-based recipe must exhibit originality beyond simple decorations or just stirring candies, nuts, and chips into the batter.)
4. Cakes: Can be baked in layers, tube pans, sheets, or cake pops. Please do not precut the cakes. (Note: The cake must be easily cut and served for judging and later sharing with Food Festival participants.)
5. Entries must be delivered to the Temple’s Block Social Hall (8727 San Jose Blvd.) from 9-9:30 am on Sunday, May 6, 2018.
a. A legible copy of the recipe must be submitted with each entry.
b. Please share where you got the inspiration for your recipe and why it is special to your family. The recipe is subject to publication in the newspaper and electronic media; therefore, copyright rules apply! (Include such things as a cookbook or magazine, my grandmother, a TV show or newspaper. If it is a print or media source, please cite the complete information.)
7. The judging criteria are based on the appearance, taste, texture and originality.
Your entry form is simply your contact information (name, address, phone or e-mail), your recipe(s) and $5.00/item entry fee. Please submit this information on an 8 ½” by 11” paper.