WHAT SISTERHOOD DOES FOR OUR TEMPLE:
· Annual financial gift with funds raised through Onegs and the Judaica Shop.
· Financial support at the Gold Level of the Temple Fund Raiser, the Jacksonville Jewish Food Festival.
· Chicken soup booth with the Caring Congregation at the JJFF. Chicken soup preparation for Caring Congregation’s distribution to the sick.
· Pledge of $5000 towards the purchase of additional property.
· Annual financial contribution to Wurn Family Library.
· Preparation of the food for the congregational Break the Fast which is funded by Rabbi and Becca Lief.
· Preparation of Tashlich, meals of consolation, special Onegs/events, including Confirmation and Marriage Reconsecration.
WHAT SISTERHOOD DOES SPECIFICALLY FOR TEMPLE YOUTH:
· Scholarships for Camp Coleman with funding from the Sisterhood Donor.
· Financial support for JAFTY/SE Area NFTY Kallah.
WHAT SISTERHOOD DOES FOR OUR COMMUNITY:
· Donation to Hubbard House via the proceeds from the Women’s Seder.
· Financial support for FANN, as well as, donations of toiletries, diapers, socks, etc. for JFCS, and other local agencies.
· Financial support for Temple Braille Group which serves the needs of the visually impaired.
· Donation of books donated to underprivileged children.
· Adoption of a local elementary school. A variety of school supplies and toiletries for the children and their families were provided.
· Development and presentation of two programs regarding Human Trafficking in our community, the State of Florida, and the world. Both programs were open to the community at large.
· Delivery of meals on Christmas Day to participants of “Meals on Wheels.” Also, prepared and on Christmas Day delivered cookies to First Responders. Both projects were done in conjunction with the Jacksonville Jewish Center.
WHAT SISTERHOOD DOES NATIONALLY AND INTERNATIONALLY:
· Financially support the WRJ YES FUND-(Youth, Education and Special projects) which supports NFTY, Clergy and cantorial scholarships, and legislative assistant for the Religious Action Committee (RAC).
· Financially support the Jewish Braille Institute.
· Financially support the World Union for Progressive Judaism (WUPJ).