In Pirke Avot it says,
Find a teacher. Acquire a friend.
TIR is a vibrant sacred community where students and families find friends, teachers, clergy, role models and mentors to explore Jewish values, traditions, teachings and spirituality as we seek a meaningful life of Jewish learning and living.
VIBRANT – engaging classes, relevant curricula, compelling experiences
SACRED – teaching and living Reform Jewish theology and values through Torah (Jewish learning), Avodah (worship) and G’milut Hasadim (acts of loving kindness)
COMMUNITY – students, teachers, clergy and families learning, worshipping and performing acts of loving kindness together
The Hope & Dreams Initiative is fourfold: (1) a dialogue about what parents, faculty, students, madrichim, clergy and congregants want from TIR, (2) a structure for articulating the vision, mission, purpose and core values of the school; (3) an opportunity to look at what other congregants are doing, the best practices in 21st century part time Jewish congregational schools, to determine how we want to make our school more reflective of our vision, mission, purpose and core values and supportive of the hope and dreams of our families and our congregation, and (4) a deliberate discussion of the ways we want to grow our caring, collaborative, engaged community leading to a life filled with Jewish living and learning.
Three teams of parents, educators, clergy and students:
- Vision – identify and articulate the vision, mission, purpose and core values of the school
- Models for a 21st century Jewish school – research what other congregations are doing to reframe their schools as valuable input for determining the actions and changes we want to implement for TIR
- Building community – define concrete steps for building and expanding our caring, collaborative, vibrant sacred community
How can I get involved? Contact Ronni Ticker, Director of the Religious school, at 733-7078 or email@example.com to:
- Share your perspective and opinions;
- Join one of the Hopes & Dreams teams;
- Join the TIR Parents Association;
- Come to Family Engagement days, Third Friday Young Family Services and Parents Association activities.